Chairman of the Board, President
Richard O. Rowland, a graduate of Texas A&M University (BS) and Columbia University (MA) came to Hawaii in 1971 as a key officer on the PACOM staff. Retiring as a Colonel in 1975, he was a financial representative with Northwestern Mutual for 26 years before co-founding Grassroot Institute of Hawaii.
Mr. Rowland is a former life member of the MDRT, former President of the Hawaii Society of CLU, twice candidate for the U.S. Senate and once for the Honolulu City Council, a former member of the Small Business Hawaii Board of Directors, and the 1997 SBH Small Business Person of the Year.
Mr. Rowland is married to Marie with three grown children, seven grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
- Day In, Day Out May 2009
- Thinking is Sometimes Hard June 2009
- Government Operated Education: An Oxymoron? December 2008
- Anyone for Honesty? How About Integrity? February 2010
- Government Operated Education: An Oxymoron December 2008
- Akaka bill: Three questions October 2010
- Upwards and Onwards at the Grassroot Institute March 2011
- Grassroot Institute Annual Report 2010 June 2011