The Grassroot Institute of Hawaii is a nonprofit policy research organization that seeks to educate people about the values of individual liberty, economic freedom and accountable government.
The Grassroot Institute of Hawaii is seeking to hire a multimedia producer to help promote its mission through external video communications. This position reports to the executive vice president, communications director and marketing director.
Essential duties and responsibilities
• Create multimedia content such as videos, images and audio for use in social media
• Write scripts for content based on the institute’s broad array of policies
• Cultivate, promote and safeguard the institute’s unique brand and serve as a spokesperson
• Direct the filming, voice over work, video editing, animation and marketing to produce educational videos for use on social media
• Design infographics and memes for social media
• Achieve metrics in viewership and watchtime
• Track, evaluate and report video activities for internal and external reporting
• Represent the institute state and national conferences as needed
• Participate in staff calls and leadership team meetings
• Perform other duties as needed to fulfill the mission of the organization
Compensation and Benefits
Either full- or part-time contracted work is available.
Full-time work includes:
• An annual salary of $55,000-$75,000, depending on experience
• A comprehensive employee-benefits program, including a full medical, dental and vision package
• A retirement plan after two years of consecutive employment, with an employer match of 3%, subject to the plan’s terms and revisions
• Ten (10) working days of paid time off (PTO) available for use after six (6) consecutive months of employment and non-transferrable into consecutive years
• Paid federal and select state holidays
Part-time contracted work includes hourly pay of between $20 and $30.
This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be changed or assigned at any time without notice.